Okay, so a Subway Melt isn’t any great money-saver, nor is it the healthiest sandwich that Subway offers and considering calories & carbs its about on-par with a McDonald’s Quarter Pounder with Cheese. However, you won’t get the nutritional value from the McD’s burger, and the Subway Melt is much tastier, larger and hence more filling.
So here was my meal today at Subway with all the fixins etc and its one I’d recommend if you like deli sandwiches in general and it fits your dietary needs:
- 6″ Parmesan Oregano Bread
- Turkey, Ham, Crispy Bacon (double meat)
- Provolone Cheese (double cheese)
- All of the above, TOASTED
- Tomatoes, Green Peppers, Lettuce, light Red Onions, light Banana Peppers
- Mayo, light Deli Brown Mustard
- Coke Zero (20 oz bottle)
- Crunchy Cheetos
- 2 Chocolate Chips (best Choc. Chips around!)
It was a very filling lunch and I’m sure (not scientifically) that it was healthier than a lunch at a typical fast-food place like McD’s or Wendys and I was thoroughly full!