Gmail Error 103 – revisited
Oct, 22, 2008Posted by
Back on September 15, 2008 I posted “Gmail – Oops… a server error occurred and your email was not sent. (#103)“ but re-reading it today I felt it needed to be more about fixing the error instead of being a narrative about my issue.
WHAT CAUSES ERROR 103
I can’t say for sure but I get the feeling that Gmail Error 103 is a temporary error (except for the August 11th “crash day” noted in Kevin Burke’s My Gmail is Still Down) that may occur if:
- you try to type an email too quickly then send it (I often lock up computers clicking stuff more quickly than the computer reacts), or…
- if their server is busy or something, or if something happens between you and the Gmail server
TRY TO FIX GMAIL ERROR 103
- CHECK SENT MAIL AND SEE IF YOUR MESSAGE(S) WENT OUT
According to a user in a Google groups post dated August 8th of this year, check your Sent Mail. When I did the emails I was trying to send were actually there
- TRY LOGGING IN USING SECURE GMAIL LOGIN
Try logging in at https://mail.google.com and according to Gmail Help Discussion Center if doing this helps you should try enabling the ‘Always use HTTPS’ setting in your Gmail
- Try using “old style” Basic HTML (See screenshot below)
- TRY GMAIL HELP CENTER
The Gmail Help Center can help you navigate through actions to take or to identify issues for you when your Gmail acts up. Under Recommended Articles on the right is an link to ‘Oops…’ errors which is where I went the first day I had this error 103 and it ran me through a helpful troubleshooter
- TRY USER GROUPS
Gmail Help Discussion Group has news, info and a known issues link which is great for those of us having problems with Gmail
I hope this post is more useful than the last one.
- » T-Mobile G1
- » New Home for Gmail Chat and Labels
- » Try Gmail in Google Chrome
- » Custom Gmail Email Address, Spam and Filtering
- » Forgetting your email attachments?
Posted in Email by |