Walmart ILO model IWT3206 32 inch SDTV
Feb, 6, 2008Posted by
UPDATE: 6/6/2008: New plan, buy a new TV that’s not a piece of junk
UPDATE: 5/31/2008: I will be taking my ILO 32 inch TV to a repair shop next week. I’ll be sure to post the results.
About December 2006 or January 2007 I was very happy to buy a ILO model IWT3206 32 inch SDTV which replaced a 25 inch Magnavox I’d had for about 10 years. The warranty is 90 days parts and labor and 1 year labor (I think that’s what my wife said – but definitely 90 days and 1 year). I bought this TV because It was only about $300, but now. I wish I’d paid the extra $100 or so for a real brand name with a useful warranty.
Today my wife sits down and tries to turn on the TV – no such luck! I tried different plugs in the power surge strip its powered by, directly into the wall, and even another wall outlet. Nothing.
I understand warranties, but when I buy a TV I expect 5 or more years out of it, and over the past 20+ years that’s what I’ve gotten. When I go to Walmart tomorrow with my very heavy TV set to see if a store supervisor can help me out I have no guarantees, she’s going to see if she can do anything or not.
Here’s what I’ve found during my brief searches today about Walmart’s ILO (IWT3206) 32 inch SDT:
- Yahoo Answers – ILO TV Owners?
- Consumer Electronics Q&A – ILO Televisions and problems…Junk TVs?
- Walmart – Don’t buy this unless you have lots of money and can afford to replace it if and when it breaks. Oh, and if you do just buy something better
- » Apple's iPhone - Mobile Browser War?
- » T-Mobile G1 Google Phone Teaches - iPhone is Windows of the Cell Phones
- » Whirlpool Water Heater Model FG1F4040S3NOV - Update
- » Whirlpool Flame Lock Water Heater Model FG1F4040S3NOV
- » Why XBOX 360 Red Rings of Death?
Posted in Technology by |